Tuesday, December 2, 2014


A Journey into Pattern Making

   Practice makes perfect. We hear that phrase over and over again to the point that it's cliche. Nevetheless, it is true. I am working on my first 18 inch art doll and it's going well so far. After hitting a few bumps in the road, I have to take a break and figure things out as I go along. Learning from various sources around the internet and our local trusted bibliophile central (libraries) has inspired me to pursue different interests. I am teaching myself pattern making through this project. I am very excited to have read the tutorials of the generous souls of the web and physical book alike. 

   The pants for the professor, in black, the jacket (red), and the shirt that will go underneath (plaid). A project like this is very fulfilling. I get to use my other skill sets and this makes a project like this all the more gratifying. 

   Armature building explores engineering structural integrity for what you would build on top of the armature. Sculpting, drawing and laying out the concept, writing a story or snippet to go along with your character if you wish, wig making (curiously fun), prop building, exploring the use all sorts of materials. The making and putting all this together, building something that didn't exist before is a wonderfully satisfying way to explore, learn and teach. 

-Keep on creating!



No comments:

Post a Comment